Expert Fund Raising Advice
Important Advice when Running a Brochure Fundraiser
- The “most important” sales advice we can offer is to make sure you (the administrator) have a sales goal and a clear reason why you are raising money. You must make sure the participants / parents involved in the fundraiser tell potential buyers about those goals.
- Keep your fundraiser “short & sweet”. We suggest that you should run your “Brochure Fundraiser” for no longer than two weeks. A “Direct Sale” Fundraiser can be just one day or as long as two weeks. Bare in mind the freshness factor when dealing with certain products.
- Choose your program carefully. Every fundraiser is unique based on your community, time of year, previous items used and how much money you need to raise.
- Keep track of your “Brochure Fundraising” campaign before, during and after delivery of your merchandise. Click here for more details.
Do’s and Do Not’s of Brochure Fundraising
- Never allow young children to solicit orders alone. They should always be in the company of a responsible adult.
- If you have chosen a prize program inform the children ahead of time what they could potentially receive as a prize – this will help increase sales.
- Try not to run your brochure fundraiser any more than two weeks. Much more than that the participants will lose interest.
- Do not run two fundraising campaigns at the same time, as it will reduce sales of both. We urge you not to run more than one at a time – please trust us on this one.
Beyond Bake Sales: PTA’s and the Question of Civic Participation - It’s hard work being a parent - no joke. Raising considerate, critically thinking children is at the top ... Read More
Easy Fundraising Ideas for Sports Teams - The first time I kicked a soccer ball, I fell in love. Not with the ball, but with ... Read More
Dance Fundraising Ideas - Dance fundraisers and money raising ideas are a priority if you are involved with a dance team, dance-a-thon ... Read More
National Honor Society Fundraiser: Supporting Students in Their Quest for Excellence - Scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These are the guiding principles of development highlighted by the National Honor Society ... Read More
How to Financially Boost the Booster Club with Snack Fundraisers - Can you just imagine the shape your school would be in without a well run booster club? More ... Read More
Fundraising for a Good Cause: How Churches Can Gain Community Support for their money making efforts. - Churches are a mainstay where, no matter what your faith, you can appreciate the selfless giving and charity ... Read More
Fundraising Ideas for Non-Profit Organizations - Non-profit fundraisers are important because these important organizations generally receive funding from highly competitive grants and community contributions. ... Read More
Youth Group Fundraising Made Simple: How We Can Help You Reach Your Fundraising Goals - All across America, children are benefitting from programs and opportunities they can access through youth groups. Whether your ... Read More