FUN School Run Fundraising Ideas For Your Dance Team
“How can I hold a “School Run Fundraiser” to raise funds for our dance team?”
Perhaps your dance squad won the local championship and is headed to the State Finals.
This is a nice way to get the whole school behind your cause. It promotes the old school spirit & helps everyone get exercise at the same time!
Here are a few tips you can use right away:
- You can charge a fee for every contestant. We have seen schools charging anywhere from $20 – $30 per entry fee. You might consider a sliding scale for the pricing depending on how old the runners are.
- Hold this price as an “early entry” fee. After the cutoff date you can charge an extra $5 per runner.
- Each runner is given a free school tee shirt advertising the school run for this year.
- Set a date and time for the runners to register the day of the race. Make sure the school tee shirt advertising the school run register between 7:00 and 7:45 am.
- The race should start at a specific time. For example, if registration is over at 7:45 then start the race by 8 am. This will prevent runners from overheating in the sun.
- Make sure you have water stations set up in strategic locations so no one dehydrates.
- You can award prizes for the first 3 males and females that cross the finish line.
- Make sure to advertise the race via Facebook social media sharing.
- You can have concession stands selling bottled water, soda & food. Perhaps some of the parents can donate baked goods to sell here. This will raise additional money for your dance team.
- Make sure to keep your dance fundraiser safe for the kids.
Hey gang, we always encourage our dance teams to schedule their fundraisers throughout the year. This way you are not putting all your eggs in one basket.
Here are a few more successful dance fundraising ideas to try.
- Simple Irish Dance Fundraising ideas to try.
- Garage sale fundraising for your dance team.
- Fun local “Taste Of Your Town” Fundraising for dance studios.
- Get local celebrities to participate in a “Dancing With Our Stars” Dance Fundraiser.
- Dance team Holiday Bazaar fundraiser.
- Hold a one day Summer dance camp.
Please contact us to learn how to boost your dance fundraiser sales today.