Dance Fundraising Ideas from Indiana
Dance Fundraising Ideas From Indiana:
Roller Skating Fundraisers
What do you do when you win your local dance competition and are heading to Nashville Tennessee this spring?
You hold a dance team fundraiser of course!
We hope these dance fundraising ideas from Indiana will be helpful to you. You will love this roller skate fundraiser idea.
Here is the story behind these dance fundraising ideas from Indiana
Getting from Indianapolis to Tennessee is a long trip. It will take money to pay for transportation, hotel and the uniforms.
Where will this money come from?
Every student is not only working hard to win first place at the competition… BUT they are also working hard to raise money by fundraising.
Ladena Webb, is the owner of the dance studio and teaches different styles of dance from hip hop to majorette to ballet and praise dance. Today, she is the teacher and mentor to about 125 young people. She takes this role seriously.
For example, she says, “I’m at the school calling them, popping up at their houses; you know, ‘hey, we can’t do that. This is the right way to go.’ They all really turn around and they can’t dance with bad grades; I don’t let them dance,” she said.”
How do the kids feel about dancing?
She continues, “They say when they come to the studio it’s just like a way to give them peace. It’s like a happy place for them; you know, a place to just be themselves,” she said.
One student, Imani Person says, “It helps me. It’s a way that I can express myself even in my down times, my happy times,” Person said. “It’s just a way to let go and be myself.”
Now you can see why the dance students are willing to work so hard to raise this money.
How to use Roller-skating fundraisers to raise money for your dance team
The dance studio owner made a deal to hold a fundraiser with Roller City, a roller-skating rink at 6445 W. Washington St.
How can you make money roller skating?
- First of all, did you know that you can reserve many roller skating rinks for a party?
- Make a deal to get a percentage of all door sales.
- Make a deal to get a percentage of sales at the concession stands.
- Print lots of fliers that go on about the party.
- Talk to local businesses and ask if you can post fliers in their windows.
- Post your dance fundraiser on Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Enlist all of your dancers to get the word out to their friends and family
- Talk to local businesses and ask if they would like to donate merchandise or a service for you to use as a door prize. If you have multiple prizes, then you could sell raffle tickets or hold a silent auction.
- Make Youtube fundraising videos talking about how much fun you will have at your skating party. Post these on Facebook for your fans to see.
- At your skating party take videos and post them up on YouTube and Facebook. This will tell everyone how much fun you had. You can also use these videos NEXT year when you hold another dance fundraiser.
If there is anything we can do to help you, then please reach out to us. We love helping dance teams hold successful fundraisers.
If you would like to learn more about how our brochures make the perfect complement to your roller skating fundraiser then visit here.