Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas
Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas
5 Easy Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas For Your Next Cancer Fundraiser
Curing cancer is serious business because approximately 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the USA this year.
Even worse, 595,690 people will die from this disease. It takes millions of dollars to fund cancer research. These relay for life fundraising ideas can make a difference in someone’s life.
Table of Contents
- So, What Is The Relay For Life Event?
- Relay For Life Fundraiser Guidelines and Rules
- Our Top Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas
- Unique ideas for things you can sell to raise money
- Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas A-Z
- Fundraising ideas for Relay For Life at work
- Relay For Life fundraising ideas for schools
- Relay For Life day of event fundraising ideas
- Relay For Life Christmas fundraising ideas
So, What Is The Relay For Life Event?
Relay for Life is a 24-hour walk-a-thon fundraiser that takes place in over 20 countries. Its purpose? To raise awareness about cancer, as well as raise money for the American Cancer Society. Funds that are raised will go towards cancer research to help find a cure.
The money raised will also goes towards educational and prevention tips, as well as providing services for critical patient care.
Relay For Life Fundraiser Guidelines and Rules
While the American Cancer Society appreciates your group’s desire to raise money for cancer research, there are a few rules to follow.
Rule # 1: You can’t use their logos.
So this means you can’t sell something with the American Cancer Society or Relay For Life logo. You can’t even sell something that uses either of those name brands because they are copyrighted.
Rule #2: Don’t sell something that can be returned to a store or vendor.
The good news is that we have many creative fundraising ideas for relay for life events that work within these rules and guidelines.
All you have to remember is that the things you sell don’t use the logo or name of the American Cancer Society or the Relay For Life. When in doubt, contact your staff partner or Team Development Chair Person.
Our Top Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas
The top 5 ways to raise money for this relay includes:
- Firstly, get sponsors for the walk.
- Secondly, sell items at concession stands during the race.
- Thirdly, find things you sell before the race.
- Fourthly, services you can provide.
- Finally, activities you can sponsor before and after the day of the event..
Remember that you can make a difference either with school fundraising or church fundraising because cancer affects everyone. You can also write a donation letter about the cancer walk to help make your fundraising campaign a success.
Please get your school sports team involved too, because every person counts.
Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas A-Z
From Auntie Anne’s Pretzel fundraisers to our ZESTY Spicy Chicago Style Popcorn fundraiser… we have you covered. Our website is full of Relay for life fundraising ideas from A-Z.
How does that benefit your school or non-profit group? Actually, it’s pretty simple. The more choices you have the better the chance you will find the perfect fundraising catalog for your next fundraising event.
Speaking of “choices”– you will love our Spring Fundraising catalog and our Winter Fundraisers catalog because they are filled with dozens of fundraising items your friends and family like to buy already. This means you can get paid to help your customers get the products that they love.
Sounds pretty good, huh?
Unique ideas for things you can sell to raise money
- You can have a team spirit shirt fundraiser. You can put your schools logo on the shirts. Your school can earn up to 52% profit on each sale. You can donate the whole amount towards cancer research or you can split it with the school.
- Why not hold a bake sale?
- In addition you can have a gift wrap fundraiser.
- People also love eating things like beef jerky, pretzel rods, candy and lollipops. So, why not sell those things?
- Furthermore, you can hold a cookie dough fundraising event.
- Do some brainstorming for ideas for the relay for life booths. Think about some items that you can sell to the participants and their supporters.
- Finally, we have many wonderful fundraising brochures to help you succeed including name brands like Auntie Annes pretzels and cinnabons. Here are a few fundraising success stories for you to read.
Fundraising ideas for Relay For Life at work
Can coffee fight cancer? – Ask everyone at work if they heard yet that drinking coffee can help fight cancer?
Is that true? See for yourself…
Just suppose you asked all of the parents of your students parents to bring your fundraising catalogs to their work place.
For example, do you know anyone that drinks coffee? People drink coffee at work all day long. In fact, it is the life blood of many offices! You should check out our awesome coffee fundraisers catalog. It contains a dozen awesomely wicked flavors of coffee.
This is a popular cancer fundraiser because your school earns 40% profit on every box of delicious coffee you sell. This is a great way to help fight cancer— Selling coffee to coffee drinkers!
Relay For Life fundraising ideas for schools
Your school wants to raise money for cancer research and we want to help you succeed. Here are a few of our best Relay For Life fundraising ideas for schools. Here is the good news- your school earns up to 52% profit on every sale. We encourage you to get everyone involved in this important fundraiser. Whether you have a elementary school, middle school, or high school these school fundraising ideas will certainly make a difference. Remember its only by working together that we can conquer cancer.
Services you can provide to raise money
- You can hold a garage sale or yard sale.
- You can also offer to do yard work or babysitting.
- Furthermore, why not offer a gift wrapping service with the wrapping paper you sell? This works well because you already helped them buy it with your wrapping paper fundraiser.
Activities that can raise funds.
- Hold a pep rally with your high school football team and cheer leaders.
- Imagine your cheerleaders holding a cheer competition fundraiser or a cheer clinic fundraiser!
- Have a skate party at the nearest rink.
- Hold a “bowling for a cure” night.
- In addition, you can have a dinner and movie night.
- Brainstorm for Relay for life theme ideas as well as ideas for relay for life booths.
Relay For Life day of event fundraising ideas
You have worked hard planning the day of your big Relay For Life fundraiser. You have already chosen from the dozens of Relay For Life themes available to you. Now its time to select some:
- 1- Relay For Life day of event fundraising ideas.
- 2- Relay For Life day ideas & activities.
- 3- Relay For Life booth fundraising ideas.
Here are just a couple that may help you. Think about all of the runners and their sponsors who will be rooting for them. They will get hungry and thirsty. Why not set up concession stands to sell snacks and bottled water? You can raise additional money this way.
Here are some other Relay For Life day activities:
- Games of chance.
- Silent auctions.
- Finally, any fun activities like you would have at a carnival or a state fair.
Relay For Life Christmas fundraising ideas
Looking for ways to help fight cancer around the holiday season? Why not check out our holiday fundraising catalog? It has all kinds of gift wrap, ribbons and bows that your friends and family will need to buy to wrap their presents. Speaking of presents, this fun catalog also contains dozens of affordable gift ideas to give as holiday presents.
This year, why not give the gift of HOPE? The winter wonderland catalog offers the BELIEVE candle. Tell people that you BELIEVE in finding a cure for cancer one day. Furthermore, explain that every time someone donates to get something from the catalog your school earns up to 50% profit. Finally, tell them in order to give hope to cancer victims, you will donate all of the money to find a cancer cure.
In conclusion, we hope these relay for life fundraising ideas are helpful to you.
Cancer is one of those things that may affect everyone of us at some time in our life. We can be diagnosed personally, or someone we love may get it. However, now is the time to make a difference.
We can all help to fight cancer by creating awareness and contributing to finding a cure. So, why not pick up the phone for a free relay fundraising consultation? We would love to help you with your fundraising efforts.
You may also enjoy these fundraising articles:
- Relay for life fundraising ideas
- Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas For Teams
- Creative Fundraising Ideas For Relay For Life
- American Cancer Society fundraising
- Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas For Schools
- Relay for life event ideas
- Effective fundraising for relay for life
- Things to sell at relay for life event
- Relay for life ideas activities
Looking for an easier way to raise funds? Then look no further than this snack brochure. Why do we say that? 20 different delicious snacks means there is something for everyone. At only $8, it is very possible for people to buy more than one! Learn how your school, church or youth group can effortlessly raise the money you need with our fun Snackin’ in The USA brochure.
Our winter brochure makes fundraising really pleasurable. Why? It’s because your customers will be buying gift wrap and small gifts for the holiday season. This holiday brochure has everything your friends and family needs, and your group earns up to 50% on each sale. Learn more about the Winter Wonderland catalog…
Selling flower seeds and bulbs doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply show this beautiful catalog to your friends and family. They choose the seeds, candy and small gifts they want to buy and your small group or school earns up to 50% on each sale. You can’t get more uncomplicated than that! Learn more about this 100% risk-free Simply Spring brochure here…
Clients tell us these cookie dough fund raisers are easy as pie. There are no up front costs to you. With six amazing flavors, this brochure has everyones favorite dough. Think chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, etc. Simply pay for what you sell! Earn up to 50% profit with this mouth watering $10 cookie dough brochure…
Selling popcorn is another simple way to raise money. This works for schools, sports teams, churches and youth groups because everyone loves popcorn. It’s only $8 which means your friends and family will be happy to support your drive. Plus it tastes delicious! Learn how to earn up to $4 on each sale with this Popcorn Pleasures catalog.