Fundraising Ideas During Covid 19 Pandemic
Covid 19 Fundraising Ideas During Pandemic Lockdown
Looking for fundraising ideas for COVID-19?
Here we are in the summer of 2020 wondering when life as we “knew it” will return to normal. After all, who would ever think the entire country would be on lockdown isolation terms right now? Yet here we are and it doesn’t look like it will be changing any time soon.
That means it’s up to parents, teachers, coaches, youth group organizers, and booster clubs to get to work.
So how do you raise money for school, teams and clubs while in lockdown and at the same time respect social distance etiquette?
We hope these covid safe fundraising ideas, tips and suggestions will be helpful to you.
Fundraising ideas during quarantine
So you may be wondering questions like these…
- How do you ask for donations when you can’t do it in person?
- What kind of fundraiser works best during the quarantine?
Let’s address these one at a time using these online fundraising ideas for schools.
How to fundraise using Zoom
Be thankful this is happening in the year 2020 instead of 1970.
Today we have magnificent free technology to help us with our school fundraisers. Free apps like Zoom, WhatsApp, FaceTime and Google Hangouts give us the opportunity to reconnect with friends, family and neighbors.
If you haven’t used Zoom before, there is a very good reason it is so popular.
- Firstly, you can get a free account which gives you up to 40 minutes of free video conferencing.
- Secondly, with up to 100 guests logging on at one time you could put on quite the virtual event!
- Thirdly, if 40 minutes isn’t enough time for you, then it’s only $15 a month for unlimited meetings with no time restrictions.
So what are some ways to use zoom during the lockdown?
- Zoom is great for doing fundraising training with your volunteers. For instance, just suppose you signed up for our poppin popcorn fundraiser. You can use the zoom app for training sessions, sales tips and motivational meetings with your volunteers. That app will allow everyone to participate and get involved in the program.
- The trainer can even share their screen and show everyone the brochure and all of the different popcorn flavors available.
- Furthermore, you can use the zoom app to interview your most successful sellers. Usually there are only one, two or three people that sell more product than anyone else. So why not take time to interview them to find out what works? Learn what motivates these successful sellers. As you share their strategies and success stories, you will motivate the rest of the volunteers on your team. Hopefully this will encourage everyone else to imitate what is proven to work. This will help your team members win the prizes they want while helping your organization meet their fundraising goal.
- Additionally, Zoom can also be used for sales presentations. You can invite your friends and family to a zoom meeting to show them the brochure and tell them why you are raising money for your school or nonprofit group.
- Finally, you can use zoom for virtual events.
Virtual fundraising ideas during COVID-19
After three or four months of sitting at home with nowhere to go and nothing to do, you might be surprised how many people would love to attend a virtual event for a good cause.
Here are a few ideas you might find helpful.
You can do movie and popcorn night.
Pre-sell popcorn and deliver it to your neighbors homes. Everyone can tune into zoom and watch the movie together. Since this is for a good cause, you can ask people for a small donation.
Additionally, you can do the same thing with a pay-per-view event or sports event, so use your imagination.
You can do a virtual auction using zoom as well. The host can show the item that is for auction and participants can bid on the auction using the raise hand feature in the app.
Zoom talent show
You can also host a Zoom talent show. Everyone can do their act on zoom and people can vote by raising their virtual hand using the app buttons.
How about a joke-athon?
People can tell their favorite jokes and let the audience vote for their favorite one. You can award a prize to the best comedian. By the way, You might want to remind your comedians about keeping the jokes clean if you have children viewing the program.
Virtual paint and sip night
Team up with a local artist who is willing to give virtual art lessons. You can put together a “budding artist” package including canvas board, paints and brushes. The artist can then pitch virtual art classes to the group afterwards. You can also provide the wine for a modest donation or your customers can get their own.
Online Yoga lessons
I bet there is a yoga instructor in your neighborhood that would love the opportunity to help a good cause.
You can set up a virtual yoga class for beginners and charge a modest donation for the program. In this way the yoga instructor gets to pitch weekly virtual yoga classes to your guests at a reduced cost.
Fundraising concerts and music performances
I know many musicians that are doing weekly fundraisers for a good cause. They will play the piano, guitar or sing to an audience that has paid an admission price for the entertainment. All funds go to the good cause. The entertainers get a chance to add people to their Instagram page or Facebook page to market downloads of their music.
Online cooking classes
Team up with a local chef. Ask him if they’re willing to do a virtual cooking class for your guests. You can sell ready to cook food packages to your customers and offer the chef a portion of the proceeds. If this is a hit, you could do this every week or once a month.
Did you know there are virtual tour guides that for $10 will take you on a tour of a famous museum? You can easily pre-sell these for $15-$20 each and keep the difference. Advertise it as cultural enrichment for a good cause.
In conclusion, remember to use fundraising brochures during the pandemic.
Why are our brochures the perfect fundraiser during a quarantine?
Everyone is stuck at home and looking for any excuse to treat themselves to something nice. Our brochures include plenty of comfort food like gourmet cookie dough, popcorn, snacks and coffee.
Furthermore, there is every reason to believe this pandemic will last through the holiday season. Come October, our winter wonderland brochure will be perfect for your family and friends looking for gift wrap and presents.
The best part is that your group gets everything they need to succeed. We will send you the brochures, the envelopes, and even pay for the shipping if you meet the minimum order required.
Finally your school or team earns up to 50% profit on every sale. It’s a win win for everyone!
We hope you found these fundraiser ideas during the pandemic helpful.
If you would like to learn more about a free school fundraising program, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience.