Polar Plunge – Elementary School Fundraising Ideas In NY
Would you JUMP in cold water to raise money for your school?
These 5th graders take the cake when it comes to fundraising for a good cause. How could a bunch of 10 year old kids raise $6,000 for the special Olympics? We think you will enjoy these elementary school fundraising ideas in NY.
Elementary School Fundraising Ideas In NY
What were you doing when you were 10 years old?
Fifth-graders Troy Chichodky, 10; Mikey Gabriel, 10; Liam Lennon, 10; Trey Dietz, 11; Bryce Mackie, 11; Johnny LaCorte, 10; and Brenden Wallace, 11, are also known as the “The Frozen Waves.”
Their goal was to send as many young people to the special Olympics this year as possible. How surprised they were when they raised enough money to send 15 young people to the competition!
How did they do it?
The Polar Plunge – A Very Cold School Fundraiser
Did you know that people will sponsor you to JUMP in cold water?
Apparently, this is a fun way to raise money for a good cause. These kids chose to help Special Olympics New York. How does it work?
- First of all, find a place to hold your polar plunge. These young people went to the Splish Splash Water Park in Calverton, NY.
- Build a team. There is more power in reaching your goals by using team work. They call themselves the “Frozen Waves”.
- Each participant will try to solicit sponsors. For example, Michael, 10, raised $1,820. Michael and his mom, wrote emails asking friends and family for donations. He also talked to his neighbors to see if they were willing to contribute to this good cause.
- In addition, get some PR. For example Newsday picked this story up. So think about putting out a press release.
- Furthermore, you can repeat it every year. For example, last year it was snowing! This year it was 60 degrees and sunny.
- Have fun raising money!
In conclusion, the polar plunge is a great way to raise money for your school.
But what if you don’t like the idea of going into freezing water with your bathing suit on? We invite you to check out some of our other school fundraising ideas here. Because we have something for every elementary school out there.