Sports Fundraising Ideas
Sports Fundraising Ideas for Schools and Leagues
Welcome to Fundraising Zone, the home of the best sports fundraising ideas for schools and local teams.
On our website you will find a tremendous resource of information to help your sports team earn the most money.
For instance, on this page you will find:
- Free sports fundraising ideas
- 100% NO RISK sports fundraiser programs.
- Free articles to help your team raise the most money.
- And finally, you get answers to the top questions you have about sports fundraising.
Are you ready to get started?
So, here are our top Sports fundraising ideas to help you make the most money.
- 1 Sports fundraising ideas for Schools and local teams
- 2 Winter fundraisers for sports teams
- 3 Popcorn sports fundraising ideas
- 4 Cookie dough sports fundraisers
- 5 FAQ about Sports Fundraising
- 5.1 Why is sports fundraising important?
- 5.2 What food can you sell at a sports fundraiser?
- 5.3 What kind of sports teams will your program work for?
- 5.4 How do you raise money for a sports team?
- 5.5 How to score a sponsorship for your youth sports team
- 5.6 What good companies should you ask for sponsorship?
- 5.7 How can I raise a lot of money fast for our sports team?
- 5.8 What are good things to sell for a fundraiser?
- 5.9 How do you organize a sports fundraiser event?
- 5.10 How do you promote a sports fundraising event successfully?
- 5.11 How far in advance should you promote an event?
- 5.12 How do I make my sports fundraiser successful?
- 5.13 How do you motivate students to fundraise?
Winter fundraisers for sports teams
Did you know sports teams all over the country like yours are raising money selling wrapping paper during the holiday season? Imagine earning up to a 50% profit on every sale your players make. This is also a no-brainer because your friends and family will be buying gift wrap, bows and gifts this holiday season anyway.
Sports Teams Love Our “Winter Wonderland” Gift Brochure
- Plaid reversible wrap
- Lumberjack candle
- Tree farm travel mugs
- Vintage Christmas wrap – 44 Sq. Feet
- Set of 12 treat / gift boxes
- Chip and snack clip container
- “I love you to the moon and Back” pillow
- Set of five coloring books – very cool designs
- Peanut butter cups
- Cashew backs…and much more…!
Winter Wonderland Top Sellers
Popcorn sports fundraising ideas
Your sports team can earn up to a 50% profit selling gourmet popcorn. It retails for only eight dollars so your sports fans will be happy to support your cause.
Finally, whether you are raising money to pay for new sports equipment or uniforms, selling popcorn can make a difference for your school team or league.
Item Choices for $8.00 Caramel “Popcorn Pleasures” – Sports Teams Love These Popcorn Fundraiser Flavors
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Corn
- Gourmet Caramel Corn
- Hokey Pokey with Chocolate
- Spicy Chicago Style Popcorn
- Original Hokey Pokey
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate
- Caramel Apple Corn
- Chicago-Style Popcorn
$8.00 Popcorn Top Sellers
Cookie dough sports fundraisers
Kids like to eat cookie dough, don’t they? Our cookie dough fundraiser for sports programs allows your school to sell delicious gourmet cookie dough.
So, what do you think if you earned up to five dollars on every 2 pound tub of cookie dough you sold? THINK cookie dough and you will soon have the money your team requires. This works because people love cookies!
$10 Cookie Dough Top Sellers
Basketball in America is an extremely popular sport, but it typically gets far less support at the high school level than football. High schools will often have thriving football booster clubs while community and parental enthusiasm for basketball will often pale in comparison. Read More...
Soccer is growing fast here is the United States. The youth soccer movement is one of the fastest growing in the nation and provides kids a fun and competitive outlet. In addition to the youth soccer movement, many adults also play in Sunday leagues and in indoor soccer leagues. We offer profitable soccer fundraising ideas to help you succeed. Read More...
Whether you are a league coach, school soccer coach, assistant coach, soccer mom, or whatever your position might be - we have a catalog that will work well for your group. Soccer fund raising programs are a much needed necessity for such things as: soccer camp, soccer classes, soccer equipment, games, playoffs, etc. Read More...
8 Best Fundraisers For Travel Baseball Teams Does your youth team travel a lot? Then listen up closely because in this article we will share Read More...
Did you know there are millions of young soccer players in youth leagues across the USA? Each and every one of them is interested in learning the best youth soccer fundraising ideas to help raise money for their team. We offer a wide variety of catalog and brochure solutions that are 100% risk free and easy to run. Read More...
If your local school sports team is looking for an easy way to raise money, listen closely. Our peanut brittle fundraisers may be exactly what you are looking for. Whether you have a youth baseball, football, softball, basketball team it doesn't matter. Because our peanut brittle fundraising ideas work for all kinds of youth sports teams. Read More...
There’s no American youth sports league better known than Little League. After all, it was started as the kids’ version of Major League Baseball™,©, at one time the most dominant professional sports league in the world. But times do change. Baseball may still promote itself as “America’s game,” but it has long since been eclipsed in popularity by other sports. Read More...
Tips for easy basketball fundraising events Who else is working for tips for easy basketball fundraising events? A successful basketball team needs for all the Read More...
Softball is an athletic sport that is fun to do and provides for great fundraising opportunities. It’s a great way to meet new people in your community and have fun playing a tough but awesome sport. Softball also teaches kids communication skills because they have to communicate with coaches and other kids and school staff. Anyway, we offer great softball fundraising ideas for your team or league. Read More...
Do you have a school lacrosse program to support? If so, no doubt you have your hands full. In most parts of the country it doesn’t have the same high profile as other sports, so before you can ask people for a donation you probably find yourself in the position of having to explain what lacrosse is. Read More...
It would be great if volleyball always got the same attention it gets during the Olympics. For several wonderful days, both men’s and women’s volleyball is given the prime time TV spotlight. Millions watch each match. Imagine that level of interest existing year-round. Volleyball fundraising will make it happen. Read More...
How To Plan A Basketball Fundraiser Campaign So, what's involved in planning a basketball fundraiser campaign successfully? The good news is, you don't have to Read More...
Fundraising ideas for junior football clubs - we have profitable answers. Our line of fundraising ideas for junior football are profitable, risk free and we have twelve great catalogs to choose from. Junior football clubs need funds for special practice, pay to play costs, travel, special youth football camps and many other costs. Our catalogs offer candy, gift wrap, gifts, cookie dough and much more - profits up to 52%. Read More...
"Little League" or youth baseball team fund raising can be stressful and certainly time-consuming. Raising money for equiptment, travel, league games, general expenses, bats & balls, gloves and mits, tarps, helmets, cages, etc. can cost a lot money. Read More...
Sponsorship Letter For Baseball Teams Are you looking for a baseball sponsorship letter template to use? We hope you find our template helpful for your Read More...
Looking for some easy lacrosse fundraising ideas? The USA Lacrosse website tells us that they have 68 chapters in 45 states & more than 450,000 youth members nationwide. So this means high school lacrosse players all over the country are looking for ways to raise money. Read More...
Youth baseball fundraising is a team sport - so is baseball in general. Raise the funds you need for away games, uniforms, travel expenses, equipment and anything else you need. We offer a wide variety of 100% risk free and easy catalog fundraisers to choose from. Read More...
Fundraising Ideas For High School Baseball Teams Welcome to fundraising zone the home of the best high school baseball fundraising ideas. In this article we answer Read More...
Youth football in the United States is one of the most enjoyable sports to be involved in. Many of the young football players are in high school or middle school - and they all need funds to help pay for youth football trips, special events, youth football training and many other youth football costs. We have many popular football fundraisers to help your team or league raise money. Read More...
Fundraisingzone.com provides bowling teams the opportunity to raise the funds they need for both leisure and skillful play. Team uniforms, registration fees, new bowling shoes- no matter what you need, we’re ready to coach you through a successful fundraiser to reach your goals. Read More...
Working together as a team is important both on the field or off. Pulling together a successful team fundraiser takes as much effort to reach your goals as it takes to win a game, so make sure everyone is ready for the challenge, it's critical. Read More...
Who else is looking for the top fundraising ideas for basketball teams? We would like to help you. Sports fundraising is serious business. After helping school Read More...
The first time knocked around a soccer ball, I fell in love. Not with the ball, but with the kick - I ran around the field for hours. I was trying to keep the ball in my line of sight and make perfect contact between it and my foot. Learning the value of team sports came next - then finally came the need for sports fundraising... Read More...
8 creative high school volleyball fundraiser ideas Your volleyball players want to raise some money. We promise not to disappoint you today! So here are some Read More...
"Girl’s Lacrosse Fundraising Ideas" - We have the answers to your questions about how to raise money for your lacrosse team. We offer 12 different brochure fundraising catalogs to help you raise 100% risk free funds. We have 50 years of experience working with non-profit groups and sports teams. Read More...
How can these holiday gift wrap fundraisers help your sports team raise the most money? Your sports team is looking for ways to pay for Read More...
Our 5 Best Relay For Life Fundraising Ideas For Teams There are many school teams and sports teams looking for ways to raise money to Read More...
Swim teams can hold fundraising events to help keep the pool in shape, for swimming equipment such as flippers, and to raise money and awareness about a certain cause. These events include swim-a-thons, swim lessons, penny drives, dinners, raffles and catalog fundraising sales. Read More...
GAA is short for Gaelic Athletic Association which supports Gaelic is an International organization which promotes and supports cultural based sports at the ammeter level. It helps promote Gaelic games such as hurling, rounders Gaelic football and other such activities. Read More...
How to Raise Money Through Fastpitch Softball Fundraising Fastpitch softball isn't for sissies. Neither is raising money for your fastpitch team. Whether you are in a Read More...
Designing The Best Basketball Fundraiser Flyer Templates For Teams Are you looking for a basketball fundraiser flyer template? Look no further than fundraisingzone.com, the home of Read More...
DISCOVER 5 Fundraising Ideas for Cooperstown Tournament 2020 Are you looking for ways raise money for your teams upcoming season? In this article we will share Read More...
How to succeed in raising money with our easy volleyball fundraising checklist! Perhaps, the thought of raising money for your volleyball team is overwhelming Read More...
FAQ about Sports Fundraising
These are some of the top questions teachers, parents and coaches ask us when they call to talk to one of our fundraising experts.
Why is sports fundraising important?
State budget cuts affect sports programs at school. This means there is less money or no money for your local sports program. Where does the money come from?
It comes from booster clubs and PTA’s that are willing to get involved to make up the difference. This money can be used for uniforms, sports equipment, special training or camps, tournament fees, trophies and travel expenses.
Thankfully, we have ideas to help you.
What food can you sell at a sports fundraiser?
Our brochures contain dozens of popular food and snacks that are perfect for fundraising.
For example, some of our best food fundraising ideas include:
- Trail mix.
- Many flavors of cookie dough to choose from.
- All kinds of gourmet coffee.
- Cinnamon buns.
- All kinds of gourmet popcorn flavors.
- And finally, much much more!
This is just a sampling. Some of these products are ready to eat while others allow you to make them at home with your children. Either way they are delicious!
What kind of sports teams will your program work for?
We’ve had all different kinds of sports teams raise money over the last five decades including the following:
- Volleyball fundraising
- Baseball fundraising
- Softball fundraising
- Football fundraising
- Basketball fundraising
- Lacrosse fundraisers
- Swimming fundraisers
- Bowling fundraisers
- And finally, soccer fundraisers
We also believe our super simple fundraisers can help out any kind of team looking to raise money. This is because we have a simple system for you to follow.
How do you raise money for a sports team?
Here are 8 ways to get your team funded.
- Host a Fundraising Event. If you’re looking for ideas, our fundraisingbrochures are perfect for any sports event. For instance, you can earn a thousand dollars or more by selling popcorn or cookie dough.
- Sell Branded Merchandise. Since you have so many sports fans, you might as well sell team brand merchandise like tee shirts, hats and sweatshirts.
- Offer Lessons. Imagine you are best athletes offering lessons on how to pitch, hit, spike, kick or anything else a sports fan might want to learn.
- Rent-an-Athlete or hold Player Auctions. Just suppose you rented out your players or auction them off to do odd jobs like yard work or cleaning out the garage.
- Start a Crowdfunding Campaign. Do you have friends and family that are willing to donate to your fundraiser? Then maybe you should think about starting an online crowd funding campaign.
- Sell Discount Cards and Voucher Books. Contact local businesses to see if they would like to join your program. Ask them for a coupon or discount for your customers. Sell the cards and keep a profit or a percentage of what you sell.
- Share Your Facilities. Just suppose you rented out your gym or field during the times you were not using them. That is easy extra money for your sports program or sports organization.
- Finally, find a SPONSOR. We have some suggestions on finding sponsors below.
How to score a sponsorship for your youth sports team
Here are a few tips to find a local sponsor in your community.
- Who do you know that has a business? Ask every player on your team to do the same.
- Think about businesses in your community. Reach out to anyone you know that has a contact there already.
- Can you reach out to past alumni that own businesses or now work for big companies?
- Additionally, reach out to national companies that sponsor local teams.
- Make sure you are using all of the digital tools available to you including social media, email, texting and video to get your message out there.
- Furthermore, make them an offer they can’t refuse. What free advertising and exposure can you offer them to make it easy for them to sponsor you?
- Finally, be personable and professional as you represent your school or team.
What good companies should you ask for sponsorship?
Reach out to local companies in your neighborhood in the community. The best companies are those that have your fans as ideal prospects.
For instance, here are a few ideas.
- Sports equipment stores.
- Lawn companies.
- Sports doctors and chiropractors.
- Home improvement contractors.
- Sports bars.
- And finally, car repair shops.
How do sports teams make money?
Here are 7 great sports fundraising ideas to keep your team going all year long.
- Donation Tables. You can have volunteers donate items to sell and people can offer donations to buy them. A great thing to sell would be used sports equipment or uniforms and cleats that no longer fit your athletes.
- Team Up with Local Restaurants. Host a sports party to watch your favorite game on the TV while eating good food with friends. Your sports team earns a percentage of the profits.
- Bake Sale. Moms and dads make awesome homemade treats to sell at school or before your next game.
- Additionally, you can hold a raffle. Buy something fun that you can raffle off in your community. Use a portion of the raffle proceeds to purchase the item you will be raffling off. Make sure to advertise this heavily using flyers on social media.
- Furthermore, you can have a car wash. Your team can wash cars and earn $10 per vehicle. This makes a great spring or summer sports fundraiser idea.
- Team Garage Sales. This is a great way to clean out your garage and make extra money for your sports organization. These work well because people are always looking for a good deal.
- And finally, use our free fundraising brochures and earn 50% profit on everything you sell. Can you imagine how amazing that would be?
How can I raise a lot of money fast for our sports team?
There are many ways to raise money fast for sports.
Our favorite would have to be using our free fundraising brochures. When your customers see the delicious products in our brochure, they will want to buy them. Your team earns up to a 50% profit on every sale. There is zero risk on your part because we send you everything to succeed for free.
If you are looking for money this weekend, then you can’t go wrong with a car wash or garage sale.
What are good things to sell for a fundraiser?
We believe there are three important criteria defining a good thing to sell at your next sports fundraiser.
- Is it something people want to buy?
- Is it affordable for most people?
- And finally, does the company stand behind the fundraising merchandise?
This is why we believe our food fundraisers and gift wrap fundraisers are so popular with school sports teams.
How do you organize a sports fundraiser event?
Are you looking for some tips to organize your sports fundraising event?
We hope these 10 simple steps will help you plan a successful fundraising event for your sports team.
- Firstly, get organized.
- Secondly, choose a fundraising committee.
- Thirdly, select your dates. Give yourself 2 weeks from start to finish.
- Choose a Fundraising brochure. Our experts will help you pick the perfect one for your sports program.
- Train your volunteers! We can show you how to do this.
- Promote Your fundraiser event using the tips below.
- Collect payment upfront for your orders.
- Send in payment to Fundraising Zone for your product.
- Deliver your fundraising merchandise to your customers and sports fans.
- And finally, keep the difference as your profit!
How do you promote a sports fundraising event successfully?
Here are 9 great tips to promote your next fundraiser event.
- Firstly, have a mastermind session with your team, booster club and parents. Brainstorm ideas on how to promote your sports fundraiser.
- Secondly, know your target customer. Who are your best customers? Make a list of everyone you know. If all of the players did this, that would mean a lot of potential customers.
- Thirdly, do you have a list of donors and supporters from last year’s athletic fundraiser event? It’s time to dust off those donor lists!
- Keep your message simple. So, why are you raising money this year for your sports team? You must have a big enough reason why to get your friends to support your team or league. Be sure to include your fundraiser message when talking to your prospects. Help them to see how their donation will help young people in your community.
- Get some publicity! Reach out to your school paper and your local news paper. Local papers will also often give you free coverage for nonprofit announcements. Include your big reason why you are having your sports fundraiser. If you have a good enough human interest angle, you might get some extra press coverage.
- FLYERS! We can help you design a beautiful flyer advertising your next fundraising event. Then have your athletes distribute the flyers to local businesses and homes in your area.
- Additionally, please use social media. Use Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat to advertise your next sports fundraiser.
- Furthermore, reach out to friends and family by using text and email too.
- Finally, use Facebook live video events to keep in touch with donors and volunteers. Post photos and videos of happy customers enjoying their products. These positive testimonials will help you sell more product.
How far in advance should you promote an event?
When hosting a brochure fundraising event, you typically need to plan 90 days in advance. This allows you to have the time you need to plan and run your fundraiser. Additionally, it will give you plenty of time to deliver your products before the holidays.
How do I make my sports fundraiser successful?
There are 4 keys to running a successful sports fundraiser.
- Choose a fundraising company that has a lot of success working with sports teams. This way you get everything you need to succeed. Make sure they also provide free coaching so you can avoid the common mistakes that come with experience.
- Choose a fundraiser that people are willing to support. This means products that they like to buy anyway.
- Preparation! Plan your work, then work your plan.
- And finally, get your kids involved from the very beginning. Look for ways to make it fun and to keep them excited about supporting your fundraising event.
How do you motivate students to fundraise?
Here are 4 tips to help you to keep your athletes motivated during your fundraiser:
- Set up a prize incentive program. This way the students can pick the gifts they want to win. Fundraisingzone.com offers a free prize incentive program to help you sell the most products.
- Additionally, let the students have a voice in the planning and brainstorming. If it’s their idea, they will be more willing to support it.
- Furthermore, make it a competition. The player that sells the most product wins an additional prize.
- Finally, set a fundraising goal for your team. Tell your volunteers if they meet the goal, you will give them a pizza or ice cream party afterwards.
WE would love to answer your questions about raising money for your athletics and sports program. Contact us 1.800.645.6550.
Hey sports fans! Get ready to learn about the most popular snack fundraising program online. Simple, easy and very profitable! Your sports team will earn the most money when you follow a simple fundraising process. This brochure offers 20 amazing snacks for only seven dollars each. Learn more about our snack fundraisers for sports teams.
If you’re looking to compete in the nationals, you better start raising money now! Our winter fundraising brochure is an easy way for sports teams to pay for travel expenses and tournament fees. Earn up to 50% profit helping friends and family buy holiday gifts and wrapping paper. Learn more about our winter fundraisers for sports teams.
Our spring fundraising ideas are helpful for raising money for team uniforms and sports equipment. Your family and friends will love this brochure. Earn up to 50% profit on candy, kitchen gadgets and flower seeds. This is a risk-free fundraising program. Learn more about our spring fundraisers for sports teams.
Hey sports fans! Raise the most money with our cookie dough fundraisers. This is the perfect brochure for all kinds of sports team fundraising. Whether it’s baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, or any other youth sports groups—Cookie dough is the way to go! Sports team booster clubs can learn more about our easy cookie dough fundraisers here…
Hey sports booster parents listen closely… Popcorn fundraising is the way to go. Your team booster pays no upfront costs. You simply pay for the items you sell using the money you collect. With up to 50% profit, you can see this is a grand slam home run for sports teams! Learn more about our popcorn fundraiser for sports teams.