Fundraising Ideas For Sports Teams
Sports Fundraising Ideas for Teams, Clubs and Leagues
Here at Fundraising Zone we do one thing and one thing very well— We provide the best sports fundraising ideas for kids.
Whether you are a booster club parent, a teacher, or a coach, we want to help. We know that school teams have to come up with ways to pay for lots of necessary extras so the kids can play.
- Team uniforms and jerseys.
- Sports Equipment.
- Award ceremony dinners.
- Tournament fees.
- And finally travel expenses.
We both know money doesn’t grow on trees. That’s why we designed this resource page.
After 50 years in the business we have helped a lot of youth sports teams just like yours. See for yourself.
Relay For Life
What’s the favorite sports fundraising idea for teams?
We would have to say fundraiser brochures. We have a dozen brochures with hundreds of fundraising products for kids of all ages. Coaches, teachers and booster moms love the ability to raise a lot of money selling common items people like to buy.
- Candy fundraisers
- Popcorn fundraisers.
- Cookie dough fundraisers.
- Sell gift wrap.
For instance, here are three of our top sellers every year:
Why do we recommend brochures?
- Your ball players get to earn up to 50% on every sale.
- It’s free to get started.
- You also get free brochures and training to help you succeed.
- We only sell top quality merchandise. This means your friends and family will love these products.
- Best of all, it’s affordable! Many of the products start under $10.
You’re gonna love these fundraising ideas for kids . They are simple fun and profitable
Marathon — Run for a cause
This is a great way for teams to get their community involved in helping a good cause. You can either choose a local charity or help your kid’s team.
- Tell your story.
- Give people an emotional reason to either run or sponsor a runner for every mile or lap run.
- Charge an entry fee.
- Sell commemorative shirts.
- Open concessions stands.
- Get the press involved.
In this special event you can have your players raise money doing what they do best… playing sports!
So you know how a marathon or a walkathon works. You simply get people to sponsor you for every mile or lap you run. Now take that idea and apply it to the team your child plays on and find a way to make a game out of it.
Here are a few suggestions to get your brain juices flowing:
- Hit-athon for either baseball, softball, cricket or tennis.
- Shoot-athon for either basketball, archery or shooting clubs.
- You can also do a bowl-a-thon.
- Themed walkathon
- Finally a dance-a-thon
You get the idea! Every child can get family and friends to sponsor them based on their performance and results.
This is a great way to raise extra money during your off-season.
Get the team together to go out on a field day excursion together. This can be either sports related or not. The idea is for the team to get together, the kids to have fun, and all the while raising money for your school team.
Field trip ideas include:
- Going to the zoo.
- Or maybe also going to a professional sporting event.
- And finally maybe going to a museum.
Calculate the cost of renting a bus, buying an entry ticket, and a small snack. Then you can tack on a little extra money to help pay for your team’s ongoing expenses during the season.
There are two ways to do this:
Our first suggestion is to bundle up sports related products to make a special event possible.
- Four box tickets, free parking pass, and dinner for four after the game.
- A weekend golf getaway package for two.
- Gift certificate to a local pro shop.
Each of these auction items will generate large donations for your youth sports team.
Here is a second tip you can try.
In every sport there are professional players that everyone looks up to. Imagine getting sports memorabilia signed by some of your favorite sports idols.
Here is a bonus tip. Think back to the All Stars that were popular when you were a kid. Some of the older ball players that are now retired may be more than willing to give you their autograph. Remember it is the grown-up kids that have the money to donate your team so pick a sports hero from their generation.
- Autographed jersey.
- Signed baseballs.
- Signed photos.
- Hats with signatures.
This is a great way for you to raise money for any kid’s team.
Restaurant Percentage Night
It doesn’t matter what kind of team you play on, everybody likes to go out and eat after the game. This is a great opportunity to get paid for eating out.
How to do it:
- Talk to a local restaurant in your neighborhood. Mom and pop restaurants usually are the most cooperative.
- Ask them if they would like to be the OFFICIAL restaurant for your kid’s team.
- Explain to them that you would like to have a team dinner night once a week after every game or practice session. Then they might be willing to give you a percentage of the total bill back as a donation. This way you can generate money every month for your team.
We also suggest throwing a party using the same idea. You can ask them what the slowest night of the week is for the restaurant and then you can arrange for a team party on that night. Invite all of your friends and family.
Fundraising Letters A Free Way To Raise Money
We suggest sending fundraiser letters announcing every campaign that your team hosts.
For instance, you might consider these ideas:
- A letter for all the youth teammates to send home to the parents announcing your upcoming event.
- Fundraising flyer to put up in local stores.
- A graphic version of your flyer can be placed on the local classified section of your newspaper, press releases, and classified websites like Craigslist and Facebook local groups.
- Finally, we suggest sending out a letter to your local businesses in your community. Make them an offer they can’t refuse to either spread the word about your event or to sponsor your ball team.
Bowling is a great way to raise money for your team. It doesn’t matter what sport you play because bowling is fun for everyone.
How can you make money with this?
- You can ask whether there is a discount if you pay for games in advance and then add a dollar or two onto every ticket sold.
- You can do the same thing for bowling shoes and snacks.
It is a perfect way to raise money during the cold weather season because you can still have fun inside where it’s nice and warm.
Coach/Teacher Talent Show
Everyone’s got a favorite coach or teacher.
In this talent show idea kids can vote for their favorite teacher’s act.
You could charge an entrance fee for every student. Or you could charge a dollar for every vote a student wants to make for their favorite teacher.
Remember to also open up concession stands to sell refreshments too. This is an additional way to raise the funds you need.
A unique fundraising twist on this would be to allow people to BOO the worst acts. In this way, whether people donate to vote for their favorite teacher, or boo the teacher they don’t like, your team gets to raise the money it needs.
It’s an opportunity for teachers and coaches to shine or to look bad on purpose! Everyone will have a lot of good laughs and fun at the same time.
Discount Card Sale
Your team can earn a lot of money selling discount cards. How does this work?
Go to a few local restaurants and ask what their slowest night of the week is. Then ask if they would be willing to give you a “buy one get one free” offer to drive new business to the restaurant. Then print up 9 x 12 postcards with all of your “buy one get one free” offers. You can then sell each card for $10 each.
Discount card fundraising can generate a lot of money for your local team.
Why is this a great way to raise money for teams?
- You provide a great value to your friends and family.
- Additionally you are helping local businesses in your community.
Yard Work & Lawn Mowing Fundraiser
Mowing lawns and doing yard work is a great way for sports teams to raise money for the upcoming season.
The great part of a lawn mowing campaign is that you can count on it every spring. If your team members do a really good job, you may actually sign up weekly or monthly clients.
Then you can simply repeat come autumn. You can offer your leaf raking services to the same customers.
Why is this a win/win sports fundraiser idea?
- It gets kids out of the house and away from the television and video games.
- It’s lots of good exercise!
- Kids are learning how to raise money by doing our jobs in the neighborhood.
- You were offering a valuable service to your neighbors that they do not want to do themselves.
Pancake Breakfast— Pass the syrup please!
Just suppose you advertised a pancake breakfast fundraiser in your community. For a flat entry fee, people could support your team while enjoying a great breakfast together.
- Buy your pancake mix and syrup in bulk.
- Get the best pancake makers on your volunteer list to help.
- Set up an assembly line with workers and volunteers to feed your guests.
- Make sure there’s plenty of coffee to wash down those pancakes!
- Talk to neighbors in your community and ask them if you can put up a big sign in their yard advertising your team breakfast event.
When your l’il athletes grow out of their shoes… What will you do? Hold a shoe drive and get paid to donate uses shoes, sneakers and cleats! Simply put… a shoe drive fundraiser is a real winner.
Fitness challenges are all the rage right now.
In your challenge, you can teach people the basics on how to get in shape. By the way, you can do this online via zoom or on Facebook live. This makes your fitness challenge a virtual fundraiser for your sports team.
Ideas for fitness classes include:
- Healthy eating.
- Either jogging or running.
- You can also do this with yoga.
- Weightlifting – including proper form.
- Additionally this works great with dance classes. (Zumba etc)
- And finally any kind of exercise routines.
By the way you can niche down and do several of these throughout the year.
- Expecting moms
- Couch potatoes
- Finally, kids too!
No matter what kind of event you have, just set up concession stands. Think outside the box here because you can even negotiate for concession stand rights to any kind of event in your community. So keep an eye out in your local newspaper announcements about upcoming community events. And look for opportunities for your sports players to set up a concessions stand to raise funds for your team.
- Water bottles.
- You can also sell snacks.
- Soda / Pop
- Ice cream
- And finally home made doughnuts!
Host a Kids’ Sports Camp
This is a great opportunity to help raise the next generation of sports stars in your community.
Think about this for a moment. Every little brother or sister wants to be like their big brother or sister. Is your child on a cheer team, a dance squad, baseball team or basketball team? Well the odds are pretty good that the younger siblings want to play the same sport too when they grow up. So why not put on a sports clinic or camp to start grooming the next generation for your school team?
Think outside the box because there are many ways for you to do this with social distancing or even virtually online using zoom.
Tournaments are a great way to raise money no matter what sport you play.
So why not set up a league tournament in your community?
Take a charity that you want to represent:
- Sell entry tickets.
- Sell concessions.
- You can also sell commemorative T-shirts and jerseys.
- Finally, remember to sell sponsorship opportunities.
Kids grow up very fast. Selling team calendars is such a great way to remember all of the fond memories during the sport season. Almost every mom and dad will want one. And grandma and grandpa will probably want a calendar as well.
Here’s another idea ….
Offer sponsorship opportunities to local businesses in your area to advertise on the calendar to earn additional income. Suggest they create a special offer or a coupon to add value to your donors.
Crowdfunding campaigns give people the opportunity in your community to give back.
For instance, make believe you need a new ball field to play on. Come up with three estimates to get the project completed. Now go out and ask help from the public.
- Some contractors will offer free labor to help your good cause to help kids play sports and keep them off the streets and out of trouble.
- You can also get the word out about your crowdfunding campaign using social media, texting, email and word of mouth.
- Additionally, there are several crowdfunding fundraising platforms specifically designed to help you with this.
- Finally, remember that crowdfunding can help you to raise money for large scale projects your team or league may have.
Online Donation Page
Want to keep it real simple?
Set up an online donation page on your website using a PayPal donation button. Then reach out to your network and tell them about your pledge fundraising drive. You can also remind them that many little donations combined can go a long way to helping your kids be able to have fun playing sports the school year.
Finally, see if there are any businesses that will offer a matching gift pledge in exchange for free publicity and advertising.
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Campaign
No matter which of these many school fundraisers you select, we always suggest setting up a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.
How does it work?
It’s all about networking.
So make a list of all the people you know and then all the people that they know. So imagine if every volunteer did this— you would have quite a large list of peers to ask to support your school team fundraiser.
By the way, this works perfect with our brochures. You could text, email or zoom broadcast and the like to raise funds for your kid’s team.
Social Media Campaign
Would you be surprised if we told you that Internet users spend an hour or two hours and 22 minutes a day on social networking?
How can you use this to help your school team earn the most money?
Simply put spread the word using social media.
- Tell people who you are.
- Then tell them why you are raising money.
- Next show them how they can make a difference in a child’s life.
- Furthermore clearly describe your sports team fundraiser.
- Finally, ask for their help.
- You can either use Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or your favorite social media site.
Tee shirt fundraising works because people love to wear Tee shirts in the spring and summer. So when you combine this with hometown team pride, and you have a real winner here!
There are many nostalgic people in your area that would be happy to buy a team’s shirt or a school shirt from the ol’ Alma Mater.
- School logo shirts.
- Team logo shirts.
- And finally special edition jerseys.
Some people collect Tee shirts. So if you wanna create a special edition custom Tee shirt every year, you will have repeat buyers.
No, you won’t make $1 million dollars selling shirts, but it is another valuable tool in your fundraising toolbox.
Team Merchandise Sale
We talked earlier about selling team jerseys.
In this merchandise idea you can also branch out to sell all kinds of products with your Team’s logo on it.
- Coffee mugs.
- Travel mugs.
- Water bottles.
- Baseball hats.
- Winter caps.
- Team jackets.
- And finally tote bags too.
You got the idea. There are many companies that allow you to put your team logo on all different kinds of merchandise.
In this sports fundraising idea, you can reach out to local businesses in your community to offer advertising opportunities.
So why would a business owner want to buy ad space from your sports team?
Business people are constantly looking for new ways to advertise. So if you connect them up with their ideal customers, they will be glad to pay advertising fees to your team.
How can you capitalize on this sponsorship opportunity?
- Sell sponsorship opportunities for every game that you play. For instance, you pronounce the name of the advertisers over the microphone during the game. In addition you can hang the banners for family and friends to see.
- Additionally, you can sell ad space on your website, or social media channel.
- Furthermore, do you have a YouTube channel? Offer to sell advertising space in your video broadcast or podcasts.
- Finally, offer to send sponsored email blasts out to your list offering a special coupon or promotion just for your fans.
Sports Store Business Partnership
Kids outgrow sports equipment. This means moms and dads have to constantly be purchasing new ones. So where will they buy these?
Additionally, here is your opportunity to earn extra money throughout the season.
Set up a sports team fundraiser at the local sports store or even an Amazon store. And finally, come up with a coupon code so that your team gets credit for every sale.
And yes, this works for every sport imaginable!
So what do you think makes sense?
Any of these fundraising ideas for team sports can work.
However, if you want to reach your fundraising goals, we suggest setting up a schedule to have fun events staggered through the year.
Start with a gift wrap sale for the holiday season. Then try selling cookie dough with our $10 gourmet brochure. Then schedule a few more of the fun events throughout the year. This way your youth team can make the most money.
Would you like to learn more about our free brochure program?
Order your fundraising kit today!
Kids Teams Love Our “Winter Wonderland” Gift Brochure
- Plaid reversible wrap
- Lumberjack candle
- Tree farm travel mugs
- Vintage Christmas wrap – 44 Sq. Feet
- Set of 12 treat / gift boxes
- Chip and snack clip container
- “I love you to the moon and Back” pillow
- Set of five coloring books – very cool designs
- Peanut butter cups
- Cashew backs…and much more…!
Winter Wonderland Top Sellers
Popcorn club fundraiser suggestions
Your sports team can earn up to a 50% profit selling gourmet popcorn. It retails for only eight dollars so your sports fans will be happy to support your cause.
Finally, whether you are raising money to pay for new sports equipment or uniforms, selling popcorn can make a difference for your school team or league. They also are excellent for nonprofit fundraising too. Imagine how you could help your favorite local charity.
Item Choices for $8.00 Caramel “Popcorn Pleasures” – Youth teams, clubs and leagues Love These Popcorn Fundraiser Flavors
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Corn
- Gourmet Caramel Corn
- Hokey Pokey with Chocolate
- Spicy Chicago Style Popcorn
- Original Hokey Pokey
- Caramel Corn with Chocolate
- Caramel Apple Corn
- Chicago-Style Popcorn
$8.00 Popcorn Top Sellers
Sell cookie dough
Kids like to eat cookie dough, don’t they? Our cookie dough fundraiser for sports programs allows your school to sell delicious gourmet cookie dough.
So, what do you think if you earned up to five dollars on every 2 pound tub of cookie dough you sold? THINK cookie dough and you will soon have the money your team requires. This works because people love cookies!
$10 Cookie Dough Top Sellers
FAQ about Raising Money For Youth Sports
These are some of the top questions teachers, parents and coaches ask us when they call to talk to one of our fundraising experts.
How can I fundraise $2000 fast?
- Ask for outright donations.
- Hold a car wash.
- Do a garage sale.
How can I raise money for sports?
- How much money do you need to raise for your team?
- Additionally, go to our fundraising catalog page and peruse the many different ways to raise money for your sports team.
- You can also talk to Chris or Joe at fundraisingzone.com and they will help you pick the best fundraising program for your team.
- Furthermore, train your volunteers on what to say and how to say it.
- Finally, show your friends, family and coworkers your fundraising catalogs. Tell them how they can help your kids succeed.
How do high school sports raise money?
- “Game for a Cause” game. Just fill in your cause and raise money playing ball.
- Additionally, Teachers Vs. students tournament games are lots of fun.
- Furthermore, you can sports lessons. Have your star players teach younger kids some of the basic drills to help them improve their game.
- Finally, sell snacks using any of our delicious food fundraising catalogs.
How do sport clubs fundraise?
- Set a fundraiser goal for your ball club.
- Set up a fund raising calendar for the year. Fundraising Zone has fund raiser ideas for every season of the year. You can find events for the summer, spring, winter and fall.
- Spread the word. It is very important to use advertising, marketing and good old fashioned word of mouth to tell the world about your next school fundraiser event.
What are good fundraisers for school teams?
- First of all, ask for out right donations. Some people would rather donate cash then buy something from you. So remember to always give them a choice if they do not want to support your catalog fundraiser.
- Furthermore, remember to look for local sponsors for your team. There are also many local businesses that will be willing to sponsor your sports team.
- Additionally, sell advertising. You can sell advertisements to local business owners. Some ideas include banners, T-shirts, newsletters and website adverts.
- Finally, washing cars is a great way to raise some cash for the team. Its great exercise and can also raise a few hundred dollars on a busy Saturday morning.
What are the most profitable fundraisers?
What food can you sell to raise money?
Our brochures contain dozens of popular food and snacks that are perfect for fundraising.
For example, some of our best food fundraising ideas include:
- Trail mix.
- Many flavors of cookie dough to choose from.
- All kinds of gourmet coffee.
- Cinnamon buns.
- All kinds of gourmet popcorn flavors.
- And finally, much much more!
This is just a sampling. Some of these products are ready to eat while others allow you to make them at home with your children. Either way they are delicious!
What kind of teams will your program work for?
We’ve had all different kinds of youth teams raise money over the last five decades including the following:
- Volleyball fundraising
- Baseball fundraising
- Softball fundraising
- Football fundraising
- Basketball fundraising
- Lacrosse fundraisers
- Swimming fundraisers
- Bowling fundraisers
- And finally, soccer fundraisers
How can I raise a lot of money fast?
There are many ways to raise money fast for sports.
Our favorite would have to be using our free fundraising brochures. When your customers see the delicious products in our brochure, they will want to buy them. Your team earns up to a 50% profit on every sale. There is zero risk on your part because we send you everything to succeed for free.
If you are looking for money this weekend, then you can’t go wrong with a car wash or garage sale.
What are good things to sell for a fund raiser?
We believe there are three important criteria defining a good thing to sell during your next fundraising campaign.
- Is it something people want to buy?
- Is it affordable for most people?
- And finally, does the company stand behind the fundraising merchandise?
This is why we believe our food fundraisers and gift wrap fundraisers are so popular with school teams.
WE would love to answer your questions about raising money for your athletics and sports program. Contact us 1.800.645.6550.
You may also enjoy these articles on raising money for your players
Working together as a team is important both on the field or off. Pulling together a successful team fundraiser takes as much effort to reach your goals as it takes to win a game, so make sure everyone is ready for the challenge, it’s critical. Read More…
The first time knocked around a soccer ball, I fell in love. Not with the ball, but with the kick – I ran around the field for hours. I was trying to keep the ball in my line of sight and make perfect contact between it and my foot. Learning the value of team sports came next – then finally came the need for fundraising… Read More…
How can these holiday gift wrap fundraisers help your kids team raise the most money? Your team is looking for ways to pay for Read More…
Learn how to score a sponsorship for youth sports in your community. Here are a few tips to find a local sponsor in your community…
How do I write a fundraising letter for our youth team? Here are some fundraiser tips you can implement while writing your youth sports fundraising letter. Number is get a list together of …
Hey sports fans! Get ready to learn about the most popular snack fund raising program online. Simple, easy and very profitable! Your team will earn the most money when you follow a simple proven process. This brochure offers 20 amazing snacks for only eight dollars each. Learn more about our snack program…
If you’re looking to compete in the nationals, you better start raising money now! Our winter fundraiser brochure is an easy way for any team to pay for travel expenses and tournament fees. Earn up to 50% profit helping friends and family buy holiday gifts and wrapping paper. Learn more about our Winter Wonderland brochure…
Our spring fundraising ideas are helpful for raising money for team uniforms and sports equipment. Your family and friends will love this brochure. Earn up to 50% profit on candy, kitchen gadgets and flower seeds. This is a risk-free program for athletes of all ages. Learn more about our Simply Spring catalog.
Attention young atheletes serious about raising cash for the team! Raise more money selling cookie dough. This is the perfect brochure for all kinds of teams raising funds. Whether it’s baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, or any other youth sports groups—Cookie dough is the way to go! Team booster clubs can learn more about our $10 cookie dough tub program here…
Hey youth sports booster parents, please listen closely… Popcorn is the way to go. Your team booster pays no upfront costs. You simply pay for the items you sell using the money you collect. With up to 50% profit, you can see this is a grand slam home run or slam dunk for any youth team! Learn more about our popcorn program here.